Forerunner's Zoom to Location feature allows internal and guest users to zoom the dashboard map and pinpoint to their exact location so they can quickly perform workflows while in the field. To use this feature with Forerunner, you must enable Location Services on your device to allow Forerunner access to your location.
Enabling Location Services on iPhone or iPad
1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
2. Make sure that Location Services is on.
3. Scroll down to find your web browser application you use for Forerunner.
4. Tap the app and select an option:
- Never: Prevents access to Location Services information.
- Ask Next Time: This allows you to choose Always While Using App, Allow Once, or Don't Allow.
- While Using the App: Allows access to Location Services only when the app or one of its features is visible on the screen.
- Always: Allows access to your location even when the app is in the background.
Enabling Location Services on Android
- Open the Settings app
- Select "Security & location" > "Location". If you don't see "Security & location", click Location.
- Toggle Location to ON
- Under Recent location requests, make sure your web browser of choice is enabled.
Enabling Location Services on Firefox
- In the top right corner, click Menu (three parallel lines), then click Settings
- Select Privacy & Security from the side menu
- Scroll down to the Permissions section
- Click Settings... next to Location
- Ensure that Forerunner is added to that list (app.withforerunner.com for internal users & [communityname].withforerunner.com if you are a guest user).
Enabling Location Services on Microsoft Edge
- On your PC, click the Windows Start button
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location
- Scroll down to `Choose apps that can use your precise location`
- Select Edge from the list
Enabling Location Services on Safari
- Click on the Apple menu at the top left corner of your Mac
- Select System Preferences
- Click the Security & Privacy icon in the System Preferences window
- Click the Privacy tab (you may need unlock the padlock icon by entering your admin name and password)
- Select Location Services
- Check the Enable Location Services box and make sure Safari is selected from the list
Enabling Location Services on Chrome
- In the top right corner, click More (three vertical dots or arrow pointing up)
- Select Settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Advanced
- In the Privacy and security section, click Site Settings > Location
- Toggle Ask before accessing to On