"Content is Blocked" Chrome Document Error
When using Chrome to access Forerunner, some users have experienced an error with loading PDFs in our Document viewer. When this occurs, users receive a message where the PDF would normally display, indicating that the content is blocked:
This actually occurs because of Chrome’s default settings for PDFs. In this article, we’ll cover how to update your Chrome settings to allow you to view PDFs inside of Forerunner.
Updating Your Chrome Settings
- Open up your Chrome browser and, in the upper right hand corner, click on the ellipsis menu and select Settings.
- Go to Privacy and Security on the left-hand toolbar.
- On the Privacy and Security page, in the center of the screen, scroll down to Site Settings.
- On the Site Settings page, scroll down to Additional Content Settings. This will open an additional set of settings that you can adjust. Select PDF Documents.
- On the PDF Documents page, you should see that your default setting is set to download PDFs rather than open them in the browser. This is what is causing the error in Forerunner.
- Select “Open PDFs in Chrome” and exit the tab.
You should now be able to see documents in Forerunner’s Document viewer. If you have any additional questions or issues, please reach out to email@example.com or your Forerunner point of contact!